- the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- high ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to service society;
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business, and community life;
- the advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
February: Peace and Conflict Prevention/ Resolution
Seems like every time we turn on the TV, read a newspaper, or listen to the radio, countries and people are fighting. Someone or something, even the smallest of issues, gets escalated into violence. When did the world get so hateful? So angry and intolerant of other people's beliefs, values, and lifestyles that causing unneeded harm or killing is the only answer. So angry that arming themselves to shoot innocent bystanders seems to be okay. That the 10 minutes of immediate fame on the nightly news justifies the means.
DG 2018 - 19: Kola Alayande
Milwaukee Business Journal's Forty Under Forty
Congratulations to Rayna Andrews, Mequon-Milwaukee Afterhours President, Director of Milwaukee Community Engagement
for Feeding America Eastern, WI who has been named one of Milwaukee Business Journal's Forty Under Forty. Forty Under Forty Honors individuals under the age of 40 who are making a significant difference in the local business community.
Check These Out: New Items Added
- District PI YouTube Channel where videos will be/are being uploaded (found under "Recommended Links")
- Application Form for district roles (found under site pages - "Forms")
- New Water and Sanitation Scholarship (found under site pages - "Scholarships")
Beware Of New Email Scam
Claiming To Be From Foundation Chair Ray Klinginsmith
A new email purporting to be from Rotary Foundation Trustee Chair Ray Klinginsmith is targeting Rotary members. The email falsely claims that members can become End Polio Now ambassadors if they email club information to a Gmail address within 48 hours. The fraudulent email has the subject line “BECOME AN END POLIO AMBASSADOR” and is sent from a fake email address.
This is a scam. Rotary staff is working to resolve the issue. Avoid being the victim of scams by deleting any email that appears suspicious.
Win an all-expenses paid trip to Seoul
for the Young Leaders Summit
Contest deadline is February 28th, 2016
Rotary Marks and Gun Shows
Plan on Doing a Make-Up?
TO ALL PE'S
Rotarian Spouse/Partner Service Award
Colleen Kalscheuer at:
Rotary District 6270
P.O. Box 384
Hartland, WI 53029
(If you would like a phone call, please send
your name and phone number in an email)